What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization which is a set of practices that is designed to improve the positioning and appearance of web pages in organic search results. Organic search is the most prominent way for people to discover and access online content, a good SEO strategy in digital marketing is important for improving the quantity and quality of traffic to your website.
SEO is the process of taking steps that help your website to rank higher on Google. The difference between SEO and paid advertising is that SEO involves organic ranking, which means you do not have to pay at that pace. To make it simpler, SEO means taking a piece of online content and optimizing it so search engines like Google show it towards the top of the page when someone searches that is related to your website.
What is the role of SEO in Digital Marketing?
In this digital marketing world, this marketing strategy plays an important role in helping you to increase your reach to potential customers. While Google does not share its overall search volume and it is safe to say it is a lot. According to studies, it is estimated that there are 3,5 billion searches per day on Google and the volume of searchers grows by 10 % every year.
You should also know that Google has the largest market share at 92% if you compare it with Bing or Yahoo! So, it is clear that SEO is a no-brainer to meet your customers where they are spending time and searching. Now the question is what does this mean for your business? It means search engines are a major place to advertise your business products or services. Having SEO as a key part of your digital marketing is crucial to help search engines find, crawl and index your website into your catalog.
What is the role of SEO in a business?
The major role of SEO is to increase the exposure of your company to potential customers on search engines. If you are a person who is responsible for your business’s SEO efforts will analyze and implement different websites strategies to improve your ranking for certain topics or keywords.
If a customer is searching for particular services online on Google or any other search engine you have to be sure that your business or company is listed on the search engine results pages (SERPs), so that he or she can find you on search engine. In case you are on page 80 of SERPs, then a potential customer is likely would not be able to search on the company and click through to your website. This is a reason SEO is important for your business so that more customers can search you and get in touch and SEO will help you to increase sales of your business as if customers can not find you then they can not buy from you.
Types of SEO in Digital Marketing-
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most effective digital marketing tactics that you can use by investing your time into it and there is a number of ways from which you can take advantage of the practice.
Here we discuss four key types of SEO that you can get started on-
1. On-Page SEO
2. Off-Page SEO
3. Technical SEO
4. Local SEO
On-Page SEO- On-Page SEO also called On-Site SEO and is a process of optimizing the content on your business website. On-Page SEO includes your body copy, keywords, meta titles, headers, meta descriptions and images, etc.
Here we give you some tips for your On-Page SEO –
Research your keywords- You should determine the terms and phrases that you want to rank for on search engines such as Google. For a successful SEO, you have to do some keyword research on which terms have high research volume and relevance but you should also consider choosing terms and phrases that are with less competition. Once you have done with determining your right keywords, you have to be sure that you let your writing team know to optimize the page content that includes those keywords as they write for your web page.
Optimize metadata- Metadata tells Google and other search engines about the content of a web page. You have to make sure that your meta titles or meta descriptions must include relevant content and your keywords or phrases so you have a better chance of ranking higher on Google or on any other search engine. It is important to know that sometimes Google rewrites your metadata with other copies on the page which makes sure that your whole web page is optimized.
Perform internal linking- Internal links are commonly known as URLs that link one web page to other pages on your website. It is often, that you will attach these to anchored text. Insert links on targeted keywords in your copy and link to high-authority pages help Google to read your site and to make your business website more user-friendly.
Using On-Page SEO in your business marketing efforts is helpful for search engines to understand the content on your business website and once Google understands your website then it can reward you by showing your site for search queries it deems relevant.
Off-Page SEO- Off-Page SEO is everything that does not happen on your website but it is all about making exposure and trust for your business, which ultimately can result in more visitors, sales and growth. Most off-Page SEO work is focused on link building is the practice of getting other reputable business websites to link back to your website. Here we give some quality link building tactics that include-
1. Pitching articles- There is a number of blogs and online publications that will accept and publish posts you pitch to them. You have to make sure that the website is relevant to your work and include a link back to your company but also ensure that you do accept or exchange money to do so.
What is Tag Management in Digital Marketing?
2. Competitor research- You should check out the backlink profile of your competitors, find out where they are acquiring links and which sites will allow a hyperlink, this will help you to provide some pointers on how to start competitor research.
3. Helping reporters- There is a variety of online services like HARO, where journalists request insights from particular industry experts. This is where you come in and offer information or quotes on your area of expertise and they will most likely link back to your business website.
In off-Page SEO you have to make sure that you have acquired links that are earned, come from authoritative sources, qualified traffic, follow links and are from relevant websites.
Technical SEO- Technical SEO refers to the action that is performed to help search engines that crawl your website and enhance user experience. As search engines and their calculation become more complex and these requirements change which means that this type of SEO is evolving. To make sure that there are not any problems with crawability and user experience, your technical SEO efforts must be efficient in every way. Technical SEO should include-
1. Website speed- A faster website speed is always good and Google has further included a variety of load time variables to be ranking factors, You have to be sure that your template is simple, limit redirects and optimize your visuals.
2. Mobile-friendliness- There is a number of users that are moving from desktop or PC to mobile to perform an array of searches for services or products. You must check out your website on a mobile device to make sure that it is easy to navigate for any visitors coming via mobile.
3. Site structure- You should use the HTTPS hypertext, a user-friendly and consistent URL structure. a clean navigation hierarchy and consistent internal links that help your website structure to be concise.
Local SEO- Local SEO is a type of SEO that is focused on a particular area, rather than a national focus. It is all about increasing your online presence in your community and promoting your service of products to local customers. Mostly, how well you rank on Google or on any search engine depends on your Google My Business profile. This is where you include your address, description, business hours, photos and reviews. The search engine results page will look at proximity, relevance and prominence that is based on the user’s search query and select your business if you satisfy various requirements such as it is highly, targeted, it is free, there is a greater chance to rank locally since only 44% of businesses that claim their GMB listing. There are some ways that can improve your local SEO including writing tailored local landing pages for your website, optimizing your local profiles, submitting spam on Google Maps and building local links, etc.
Advantages of SEO for Business
1. Do not have to pay to rank- This is one of the most essential advantages of SEO. In SEO only search engines’ calculations are only responsible for organic rankings. This means that all you have to do is make your web pages that search engines think are worthy of being directed to by their users. You do not have to pay search engines to have your high-value providing webpage appear at the top of search results once you have created it. SEO is in direct contrast to Pay Per Click advertisements which take a fee each time a person clicks and views your website.
2. You can measure SEO results- This is one of the most notable benefits of SEO and knows how successful your SEO efforts are. You can use Google Analytics to know where you stand, how many people visit your website, how long they stayed on your website and what keywords brought them to your website, etc.
3. Long-term marketing strategy- You must know that SEO efforts will build over time and result in improved outcomes for many years. The amount of SEO outcomes and ROI depends on the amount of money and time you have spent on it.